The Heritage Chairs and Officials of Australia and New Zealand were previously known as the Standing Committee for the Heritage Ministers Ministerial Council from 1996 to 2001. In 2003 New Zealand became a standing member of Chairs and Officials and subsequently, the group became known as the Heritage Chairs and Officials of Australia and New Zealand (HCOANZ).
The group meets twice a year, generally in the first and last quarters of the year. The group's membership consists of the Chair of the Commonwealth, state / and territory heritage councils and the manager / director of each associated heritage government agency, including similar representatives from New Zealand. Secretariat support is provided by the Heritage Division of the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities (DSEWPaC).
- Heritage Chairs and Official Members (PDF - 80 KB) | (Word - 48 KB)
- HCOANZ Terms of reference (PDF - 216 KB)
- The Cooperative National Heritage Agenda (CNHA) projects 2009 [9 projects]
- National Database of thematic studies
- Allen Consulting Group Valuing the Priceless report, November 2005 (PDF - 1.6 MB)
- Productivity Commission Inquiry into Conservation of Australia's Historic Heritage places
- Review of the submission to the Productivity Commission Inquiry into Australia's historic heritage, February 2007 (PDF - 53 MB)
Before you download
Some documents are available as PDF files. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view the PDF file.
If you are unable to access a publication, please contact us to organise a suitable alternative format.
Links to another web site
Opens a pop-up window